Unemployed and seeking skills and credentials that employers value? Rutgers works closely with New Jersey’s One-Stop Career Centers to secure training grants for the path to newly rewarding opportunities.
Five Steps to Apply for NJ Workforce Training Grants
1. Determine your eligibility and begin the application process by contacting your local New Jersey One-Stop Career Center at https://www.nj.gov/labor or call 609-984-9414. Counselors are working remotely during the pandemic, so call or email to connect.
2. While applying for your grant, explore eligible Rutgers courses at https://ccpd.rutgers.edu. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-932-4708 for more information about programs that interest you.
3. After your initial appointment with a NJ Division of Workforce counselor, contact us with any questions about eligible programs or the application process at email@example.com or 848-932-4708.
4. Once your grant has been approved, we’ll send you a registration form to complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org . With that form completed, we will send a Letter of Acceptance to your NJ Division of Workforce counselor.
5. Upon receipt of your Letter of Acceptance, your NJ Division of Workforce counselor will send CCPD a contract for your training. We’ll then send you full course information, including course requirements and completion deadlines.